Home Maintenance & Repair How To Replace A Sewing Machine Motor

How To Replace A Sewing Machine Motor

We show you how to replace a sewing machine motor on a sewing machine.

Casey Sayre September 26, 2017 at 1:56 am

I put the wrong type of light bulb in my Kenmore 18021. Something shorted and the power/light switch doesn’t click. Would a new power switch fix this? Do you carry one?

Sarah September 26, 2017 at 9:16 am

Hi, Casey! Is the light working when you put in the correct light bulb?

Casey Sayre September 27, 2017 at 1:15 am

No, and the machine won’t run when I push the pedal. It’s like there is no power.

Sarah September 27, 2017 at 8:52 am

Hi! Dennis is looking at your email now. I hope we can help assist you!

Ashley shrock May 8, 2017 at 8:29 pm

I need a motor for a Remington 30 precisión De Luxe. Any help will be greatly welcome right now it has a modern 115v AC.DC 1/15 H.P 1.3 AMP

Sarah May 9, 2017 at 11:23 am

Hi, Ashley! I don’t have a motor that I can guarantee would be compatible. However, one of our customer service reps informed me that this motor may work: https://www.sewingpartsonline.com/motor-alphasew-high-speed-na35l-hs.aspx
If it doesn’t work, you can return it.

David A. Johnson April 20, 2017 at 2:35 pm

Where do I find parts lists for which replacement motor to buy? I’m looking for one for an old Riccar 606.

Sarah April 24, 2017 at 7:40 am

Hi, David! I am sorry, but we are no longer able to obtain your motor from any of our suppliers. We do carry a few generic options if you would like to try one. Please note, they are not guaranteed for your machine. If you wish to try one and it does not work, you are welcome to send it back for a refund; you would just be responsible for the return shipping:

clockwise motor: https://www.sewingpartsonline.com/motor-alphasew-na35l-r.aspx
counter clockwise motor: https://www.sewingpartsonline.com/motor-alphasew-na35l.aspx
counter clockwise high-speed motor: https://www.sewingpartsonline.com/motor-alphasew-high-speed-na35l-hs.aspx

Most machines use a Counter Clock-Wise motor.

To determine this:

-place fabric under the foot
-manually rotate your handwheel towards you
-if the fabric feeds back, it is a counter-clockwise motor
-if the fabric feeds towards you, it is a clockwise motor

I hope this is helpful! Have a great day.

Rick Jesser February 19, 2017 at 9:15 am

I have a bad switch on a singer model 111W153. Is there a wiring schematic for this machine. When I bought the machine the switch was not working all the time. It had a regular light switch with a red light. I bought a switch just like it but it didn’t work. It seems like they are running the neutral through the switch. there is a red, white and black wire. It is pedal controlled. I would appreciate any help I could get.

Rick Jesser

Sarah February 21, 2017 at 9:30 am

Hi, Rick! I’ve emailed you a parts schematic for your machine. I hope that helps!

Kermit L Hodges March 29, 2016 at 12:13 pm

How do you replace the belts on Bernina 530-2 record sewing machine?
I could not find a view for getting the belt over the top pulley. Thanks Kay

Ellen April 7, 2016 at 10:01 am

Hello Kermit. According to my technician you can keep taking off covers until you have a better view of the pulleys. Also the motor pulley should be adjustable in order to help you put the belt on.