Home Presser Feet Tutorials How To Use A Walking Foot

How To Use A Walking Foot

We show you how to use a walking foot, how to install it and how to use it specifically on certain types of fabrics.

Shauna February 26, 2018 at 10:44 am

Can I use a walking foot with the guide at 1/4inch instead of a 1/4 foot…I can’t seem to find one for my model sewing machine unless it’s in a quilting kit?

Sarah March 6, 2018 at 11:09 am

Hmmm. You can use a Walking Foot with a guide, but most machines have a 1/4″ foot option. If you give us a call at 888-824-1192, we can likely find a fit for your machine.

Scott Hill February 20, 2018 at 10:37 pm

I have singer8768 what walking foot does it take what size need cop screw should it have?

Sarah March 6, 2018 at 11:07 am

Hi! Your machine uses low shank feet. This Walking Foot is likely to be compatible, but I cannot guarantee it: https://www.sewingpartsonline.com/walking-foot-babylock-brother-x80927001-sa140.aspx?
I’m having trouble understanding the rest of your questions. Are you looking for a needle screw?

Nola Parr September 1, 2015 at 6:39 am

may I please order some more from this sight

Sarah September 4, 2015 at 7:17 am

Of course! What can I help you find?

Nola Parr August 31, 2015 at 10:51 am

Interested in buying a gathering foot for my Brother sewing machine

Sarah September 4, 2015 at 7:22 am

Hi! What is the model of your brother machine?

DIY Scarf Camera Strap — the thinking closet July 10, 2015 at 9:00 am

[…] walking foot, roller foot, or teflon presser foot […]

marylee smith September 10, 2014 at 3:36 pm

I have tried and tried to put this walking foot on the Magnolia 7318 and it will not go. I called Janome and they said it is the right foot but it does not fit. I even tried putting the foot lifter in its highest position and that worked. I could screw the walking foot on but then couldn’t lower the foot. I really think this is the wrong walking foot for my model.
Please let me know how I can return this to you. I still have the original box you shipped it in and I hope you will pay the return postage.
Mary

Sarah September 14, 2014 at 3:56 pm

Hi Mary! I’m so sorry you are having trouble! Can you send me a picture of what it looks like when you install it on your machine? sarah@sewingpartsonline.com

Dana Cetz April 29, 2013 at 2:14 am

can I use my strait stretch stitch with my walking foot?

Sarah April 29, 2013 at 10:24 am

It depends on the quality of your walking foot and machine. Go ahead and test it out to see what happens!