Home SPO TV Fan Requested Tutorial for Zippered Pillowcases

Fan Requested Tutorial for Zippered Pillowcases

Ask and you shall receive! We posted this as  a written blog tutorial awhile back, however a fan requested we make a video for all those visual learners out there. This project is fast and easy, taking a total of 20 minutes per pillowcase (and that includes cutting time!). If you’re new to inserting zippers, but sure to sew along with the video. If you’re a zipper master, skip past the installation.

Susan Balsom April 16, 2018 - 5:13 pm

What are the exact measurements that you used for a standard pillow and what size of zipper did you use?

CustomerService April 26, 2018 - 11:30 am

Hi Susan! The size of the pillow that Sarah used was 21″ X 28″. The size of the zipper she used was around 22 inches. You can view those zippers we carry below:

Helen Ang October 23, 2015 - 8:20 pm

What model is your brother sewing machine? What model do you use to change the different foots? Pls. Send me through my Facebook, Helen Ang.

Sarah October 30, 2015 - 1:16 pm

Hi Helen! As a business page, we can’t initial facebook messages to private users. The brother machine I use is a Brother LB6800PRW, but all the machines we’ve filmed are compatible with dozens of special presser feet that can be easily switched. Are you looking for a special presser foot for you machine?

Rona March 15, 2015 - 8:43 pm

OMG! Sarah I found your tutorial on installing a zipper the best yet for me!!! I was able to install my zipper today and it came out great!!! I kept pausing and playing until I got it right. Thank you soooooo much 🙂

Karen Fuller February 10, 2014 - 9:58 am

I’m so using this as a way to add a custom look on a budget and quick to all my bedroom Spring updates…love it!

Mary Ann February 5, 2014 - 5:10 pm

Great video! I just purchased pillow inserts for my living room. I was going to do flap pillow covers but after watching this video I am now going to do zipper pillow covers! I have a drawer full of zippers I could use. Thanks!!

Ana February 2, 2014 - 9:16 am

Love your videos!! Thank you!!

Sarah February 3, 2014 - 10:38 am

Thank you for watching!

Ianne February 1, 2014 - 3:15 am

I love this site. I’m going to tell my daughter-in-law about this project. She’s just beginning to sew and I think she’ll love this.

Sarah February 3, 2014 - 10:39 am

Definitely a great project for beginners. Pillows are usually a safe project when trying new techniques or just mastering a straight stitch. Good luck to your daughter-in-law and thank you for sharing with her!

Chacha January 31, 2014 - 8:04 pm

Loved this video i’amin gonna try one in the morning in my sewing room first time back in there great project to start back up thanks .