Create this classic, country-chic Farmall Pillow Panels set to grace your living space. This easy project takes one half hour to complete. All fabric and notions are available at Sewing Parts Online. Continue reading below for a step-by-step tutorial.
Along with the typical sewing notions like pins and scissors/rotary cutters, you will need the following:
- Read all instructions completely before continuing project.
- Unless otherwise noted, all seam allowances will be sewn at 1/4″.
- This tutorial shows the use of a serger machine, but it is not required.
- When cutting fabric, a rotary cutter is recommended for accuracy and ease of use.
CUT FABRIC PANEL
- Cut fabric panel in half, horizontally. Rotary cutters are recommended.
- Cut off the extra “Farmall” red margins on either side.
- Fold panel in half (print to print).
- Use iron to press and remove all wrinkles.
PRESS & PIN FABRIC
- On both pieces, fold seam back 1/4″ with wrong sides together (the side opposite to the fold).
- Press 1/4″ seam with iron.
- This side requires for a hole to be left open to allow for stuffing/batting and will be sewn closed at the end.
- Lay flat again and pin three sides (making sure not pin the hole area) to prepare for sewing.
- Sew along the three edges while remembering to keep a section open to add stuffing/batting.
SERGE EDGES (OPTIONAL)
- Serge all three edges for extra strength and to cut off the extra fabric.
FINISHED PILLOWS (FRONT & BACK)
Click here to download your own printable instructions (PDF): Farmall Pillow Panels Tutorial
We are so excited to see how your pillow project turns out! Make sure to tag Sewing Parts Online (ex: @SewingPartsOnline or #SewingPartsOnline) in a picture of your latest sewing project on social media or send us an email message with images to firstname.lastname@example.org