Home SPO TVPresser Feet Tutorials How to Use a Flower Stitch Foot

How to Use a Flower Stitch Foot

This decorative foot adds flair to any sewing project! The Flower Stitch Foot allows you to easily create symmetrical flower designs and whimsical eyelets with your sewing machine.

In this video, you’ll learn how to install and use the Flower Stitch Foot.

To get the most out of this foot, be sure to stock up on stabilizer, twin needles, and decorative thread.

Not sure if this foot is right for your machine? Call us at (888) 824-1192 or email us. We’re happy to help!

tamanna riyaz December 21, 2018 - 9:51 am

Hi, can i use the flower stitch foot fit my Brother XR37Nt model.

CustomerService December 21, 2018 - 11:33 am

Hello Tamanna! I am sorry for the inconvenience. I am not showing that we have a flower stitch foot that is noted as compatible for your machine. However, I am showing that your machine is a low shank. We do have a generic low shank flower stitch foot that could work, we are just not able to guarantee that it will fit. You could return it for a refund if it did not work, you would just be responsible for the return shipping cost. You can view that foot via the link below:
I hope this helps!

Mary Mitchell April 18, 2018 - 1:43 pm

I watch your videos all the time, they are very clear and informative. I have a Singer Simple 3337 and have just purchased the flower presser foot. I can get flowers which look nice but sometimes as it is sewing and going to the right of the design it is making a clunking sound. I have removed the foot and tested my machine on all the stitches which worked fine. Any idea what the problem is?

CustomerService April 26, 2018 - 10:15 am

Thank you! I am glad you enjoy them.

It is important to make sure you have purchased the flower stitch foot that is noted for your machine. I am not showing that we have one noted as guaranteed for your model. If you can please call us at your convenience to discuss what you currently have, we may be able to assist you better. Our number is 888-824-1192.

Trish Tharp January 26, 2018 - 6:00 pm

Hi,
can you use a straight stitch with the flower foot. Just for regular circles?
Thanks
Trish

Sarah January 30, 2018 - 9:37 am

HI, Trish! I vaguely remember a customer telling me she used a straight stitch with the Flower Stitch Foot.

lillian December 24, 2017 - 1:11 am

i have done a dsign and would like to make a flowers stich at specific places in the design. how do i place the flower foot to get the flower in the spot i want

Sarah December 29, 2017 - 1:21 pm

Hi! You will to measure and mark out a grid with chalk. The chalk lines will be the outside of your flower design. Test positioning on some scraps until you get the hang of it.

Linda Sweat October 7, 2017 - 4:40 pm

I have a Brother I400 sewing machine. I have the flower stitch foot on my machine and have gotten it to sew in a circle, but can’t get it to make the points or loops on the flowers. What am I doing wrong?

Sarah October 9, 2017 - 4:41 pm

Hi! Are you using a twin needle?

Florence September 1, 2017 - 3:59 pm

I bought this foot and have been unable to stitch With it…..the part that moves the material does not work…..I moved the arm above the needle and below. I have a brother machine FS130QC……..?foot not compatible . Thank you

Sarah September 5, 2017 - 8:45 am

Hi, Florence! Can you send me a picture of how you have the foot installed on your machine? info@sewingpartsonline.com

Charla Ricketts August 22, 2017 - 4:20 pm

Hello,

Will this work on the Bernina Activa 220? And the Pfaff Ambition 1.0?

Thank you!

Sarah August 23, 2017 - 9:02 am

Hi, Charla! Unfortunately, this foot is not compatible with either of those machines. You can try to use the low shank adapter attachment and then install the flower stitch foot, but I can’t guarantee it will fit perfectly.
Low shank adapter attachment: https://www.sewingpartsonline.com/presser-foot-adaptor-bernina-0083677000.aspx?utm_source=Wordpress&utm_medium=Product

Marion Steinman August 21, 2017 - 6:51 pm

does the flower foot fix the Husqvarna Viking 20 I like the flower it makes

Sarah August 22, 2017 - 8:46 am

Hi, Marion! Unfortunately, I can’t guarantee the Flower Stitch Foot would fit your machine.

Kay Murphy August 21, 2017 - 2:46 pm

I have a Babylock Ellisimo Gold. Will it work with my
Machine?

Sarah August 21, 2017 - 4:23 pm

Hi, Kay! This foot does fit your Babylock. You can buy it here: https://goo.gl/NrH4HS

Nola Beckum August 21, 2017 - 11:28 am

Sarah, is this foot compatible with the Janome MC9000 and or Juki??

Sarah August 21, 2017 - 4:22 pm

Hi, Nola. This foot doesn’t fit the MC9000. What is the model number of your Juki?

Salina Gonzalez August 21, 2017 - 11:16 am

Hi. Will this work on a Husquavarna opal 670

Sarah August 21, 2017 - 4:20 pm

Unfortunately, I can’t guarantee this foot will fit your Opal.

Barbara August 21, 2017 - 8:35 am

The directions that came with my flower stitch foot say to put your tension at zero. But you make no mention of this.

Sarah August 22, 2017 - 8:40 am

Hi, Barbara! I don’t think I reduced my tension to zero when I used mine, but I can’t remember. It’s been a minute since I’ve used it. I may have significantly lowered the tension.

Rosa Lee August 21, 2017 - 8:31 am

Will the flower foot fit my Singer machine it is a QuantumCXL

Sarah August 21, 2017 - 4:17 pm

Hi, Rosa! The QuantumCXL can be a bit fickle. I can’t guarantee that it will fit, but if it doesn’t you can return the foot.

Pauline Erwin August 20, 2017 - 10:06 pm

WHill this work on my Bernina 145 and 380. THank you

Sarah August 21, 2017 - 8:43 am

Hi, Pauline! Yes, but you have to have the Bernina presser foot adapter seen here: https://goo.gl/S9J3CT

marian HAMERSTON July 23, 2017 - 12:20 pm

I HAVE A BROTHER LSI4 SEWING MACHINE I PURCHASE A FLOWER ATTACHMENT BUT TRY AS I MAY I CANT GET IT TO FIT, HAVE I GOT THE WRONG ONE FOR THIS MACHINE…..

Sarah July 24, 2017 - 9:24 am

Hi, Marian! It should fit. Can you send us a picture to info@sewingpartsonline.com ?

mira patel May 7, 2017 - 12:28 pm

I would like to have this foot. Is it possible to use on designer diamond royal machine.

Sarah May 8, 2017 - 11:23 am

Hi, Mira! Viking has their own specific type of feet. Unfortunately, Viking doesn’t currently make a Flower Stitch Foot.

Flower Stitch foot..need help! July 11, 2014 - 8:16 pm

[…] How to Use a Flower Stitch Foot – Sewing Parts Online Blog Ok, she says you can use any "zig zag-esque" foot. The tricot stitch is the triple side to side zig zag. you can't use the serpentine and other fancy stitches, just stitches based on the zig zag. K is for Karen When life gives you L I M E S, rearrange the letters until they say S M I L E . Looking for easier access to MSQC Tutorials? Check my User Notes. Reply With Quote […]

chris southmayd March 16, 2013 - 8:42 pm

I would love to have this foot for my singer. Looks like lots of fun!