Home Presser Feet Tutorials How to Use a Stitch Guide Foot

How to Use a Stitch Guide Foot

In this video we show you how to create perfectly spaced Top-stitching with the Stitch Guide Foot. The built in ruler is great for parallel stitching and works great with a twin needle!
*****Not sure which foot is right for your machine? Call us at (888) 824-1192 or email us at info@sewingpartsonline.com so we may help you find the correct part.

Vasanti R Rao December 28, 2018 at 1:50 am

I have usha jenome allure
I want to know which foot ans stitch to use to picoe my sarres

CustomerService December 28, 2018 at 10:04 am

Hello Vasanti! I am sorry, but we do not have any information on a Janome Allure machine to find that part. I would suggest contacting Janome directly at 1-800-631-0183 and selecting option 3. I hope this helps.

Cheryl Farley Farley November 8, 2017 at 1:58 pm

I was wonderful I could use this to do 1/4 inch hem or a 1/2 inch

Sarah November 9, 2017 at 9:09 am

Hi! Yes, you could use this foot to create a 1/4″ and 1/2″ hem. However, Seam Guides are also an option: https://www.sewingpartsonline.com/seam-guides-6pk-guidelines-4-quilting.aspx

dolores mangoni September 21, 2017 at 8:57 pm

I bought a side cutter it cuts and does do a zig zag stitch but it does not sew on the edge of the seam.

Sarah September 22, 2017 at 12:31 pm

Hi! Which Side Cutter Foot did you buy? Do you have the link or the part number?

Deveeda September 30, 2013 at 11:25 am

I have the LB 68OO. I would like to know a couple of things is there a software to to outline around the letter fonts when embroiding.?Is there another plate with the 5/8 seam line going all the way for purchase? How do you get the embroidering to go vertical instead of horizontal? Last have you ever the hoop-all frame on this model Brother for embroiding? I love your you tube video

Sarah September 30, 2013 at 1:20 pm

Hi Deveeda! Thank you so much for watching our videos! I’ll try my best to answer all of your questions:
– I’m a little confused. Do you want an outline of the letters before they are embroidered? For spacing purposes?
Is there another plate with the 5/8 seam line going all the way for purchase
– Unfortunately, no. However, for perfectly measured seam allowances, I use a piece of painters tape to mark the 5/8inch line from the front of the sewing bed to the back. Helps me
keep my seams exact. If you’re not sure what I mean, I’d be happy to send you a picture.
How do you get the embroidering to go vertical instead of horizontal?
-When you pick your embroidery pattern, you have the option to rotate it. Keep rotating the design until it is vertical.
Have you ever the hoop-all frame on this model Brother for embroiding?
-I haven’t used a Hoop-it-all on my machine, but those hoops are made specifically for your machine, so I’m sure they will work wonderfully.

I hope I helped – if you have anymore questions, please feel free to ask!

Teresa Albarran September 18, 2013 at 8:20 pm

I want to order a foot to do free motion sewing I have a kenmore sewing machine and I don’t see one for my machine on your website so can u please tell me if u do sell them

Sarah September 19, 2013 at 1:24 pm

Hi Teresa! Can you tell me the model of your Kenmore sewing machine? Chances are, we definitely have a foot for it. Or, if you don’t know the model number, do you know the shank type?

shirley burkhart September 9, 2013 at 5:25 pm

would like to know where the tool is sold that you used to loosen the screw or what it is called .?

Sarah September 9, 2013 at 6:32 pm

Hi Ms. Shirley! This is the tool that I use to loosen the shank screw in our videos. https://www.sewingpartsonline.com/screwdriver-brother-xc4237021.aspx
Is that what you were looking for?