Madeira thread is quality thread that we can all enjoy. Whether you need all purpose thread, embroidery thread, serger thread- even specialty thread, we are confident there is a Madeira option that will suit your needs. With many beautiful colors, materials, and weights available, you won't know which Madeira thread to pick. If you need assistance, please call Sewing Parts Online's customer service department and we would would be happy to help.
Madeira has a strong reputation in the sewing industry for creating high-quality embroidery, quilting, and general sewing machine thread. Whether you’re quilting, sewing, embroidering, crafting, or serging, Madeira has the perfect thread for you to complete your project with.
Types of Madeira Thread
- Aerolock Thread: Madeira Aerolock Serger thread is core-spun, which means it will last through frequent strain and washing. Made of 100% core-spun polyester, this thread is perfect for sewing, overlock, and coverlock machines.
- Rayon Thread: Madeira’s rayon thread is made from 100% viscose filament, making it extremely strong and able to speed through advanced computerized sewing and embroidery machines. Each color is dyed in an extremely detailed process, giving you consistency and colorfastness that other brands can’t rival.
- Aeroflock Thread: When you’re needing STRETCH, look no further than Madeira’s Aeroflock serger thread. This thread works fantastic for knit and stretch fabrics, is surprisingly smooth and maintains high elasticity for stretching stronger and longer. Its 100% polyester construction does not shrink or melt when ironed.
- Aeroquilt Thread: Madeira Aeroquilt is a high-end core-spun polyester thread that has the vibrant colors and cotton finish that all quilters love. The strength of this thread allows it to speed through high-speed long-arm machines without breaking. Made from colorfast and durable polyester, Aeroquilt thread gives stitching a cotton-like finish and is soft and gentle on fabric.
- Aerofil Thread: Madeira’s Aerofil is their all-purpose thread offering, that’s sure to not disappoint. This thread was designed so you can sew without frustration, project after project! Aerofil stays knot-free and is extremely easy to thread. Madeira's old-school spool shape eliminates the "drop off" and tangling problems associated with the elongated spools many other manufacturers use.
- Cotona Thread: Madeira’s Cotona thread is an extra-long-staple, double mercerized Egyptian cotton thread available in No. 30, 40, 50, and 80. A soft and smooth lubricated thread that put off virtually no lint, Cotona's high tensile strength and consistent sheen make it the ideal quilting thread for machine quilting, applique, piecing, and lace.
- Glamour Thread: Madeira Glamour thread is a beautiful metalized decorative thread that features lots of strength. With a revolutionary process that bonds a shimmery foil wrap to the thread, Madeira has created the sturdiest metallic thread available. It works beautifully on all sewing machines, embroidery machines, and sergers, making it perfect for embroidery, topstitching, decorative serging, stippling, and more.
- Polyneon Thread: Madeira’s polyneon is the ideal choice when searching for the best machine embroidery or decorative quilting thread. This versatile thread adds a brilliant burst of color to activewear, linens, quilts, and clothing. Being 100% colorfast, the colors will maintain their radiance even after repeated exposure to sunlight, bleach, and washing. The toughness of this 2-ply polyester thread allows you to move quickly through high-speed embroidery without breakage.