Sew Steady Sewing Machine Extension Table
You May Also Like
Sew Steady Sewing Machine Extension Table Details
Sew Steady's sewing machine extension table is the perfect solution for expanding your workable sewing area. This acrylic table features rounded edges, so you won't have to worry about snagging your fabric. Printed on the table are two rulers, one with metric measurements and another with inch measurements. The legs on this sewing table are fully adjustable, and a movable suction leg is also included to insure maximum versatility. Sew Steady's transparent extension tables can also be turned into a lightbox for tracing patterns and other artworks. If you are considering the Jr Table, please be aware that it will not work with flatbed sewing machines, sergers, or machines with sewing surfaces larger than 13″. If you need help figuring out if your machine will fit the Jr Table, please call (888) 824-1192 or email us at [email protected]. Please note that these tables are cut specifically to fit your machine like a glove, so expect yours to arrive 2-4 weeks after ordering. Also, note that the Giant Table does not fit any of the Travel Bags.
Installation of table
- Included with the junior table: 4 standard legs
- Included with the large table: 4 standard legs, 1 suction leg
- Included with the big table: 6 standard legs, 1 suction leg
- Included with the giant table: 10 standard legs, 2 suction legs, 2 cling rulers
- Adjust leg height to be 1/4" shorter than machine free arm. Hint: stand leg up to free arm, adjust accordingly. For proper fit, the table will be level with the free arm of machine at the needle.
- Install legs by placing table upside down on a firm surface. Protect table top with a soft towel. Push legs all the way onto black buttons attached to table. Turn table upright.
- Remove any accessory trays surrounding free arm. Slide table into place (if lets not attached or not at right height, table may not slide into place correctly.
- Install support/suction leg (when supplied) by attaching the suction cup into the top of the leg, adjust height and place where desired.
Optional Table Accessories
Table Polishing Kit
Sew Steady's new and improved polish kit is specially designed for their portable tables and inserts. Turn your Sew Steady table into a free-motion workstation using this specially formulated solution. To use, simply wash and dry your table, then apply the polish using the included microfiber applicator. The included polishing cloth is used to buff off any excess solution.
Add more storage space to your sewing table with Sew Steady's Add-A-Drawer. This transparent drawer attaches to the underside of your table and gives you a 6" by 8" space to store small notions like needles, bobbins, and thread. The Add-A-Drawer has a rail system that allows the drawer to smoothly open and close. Made in the USA. Please note the Add-a-Drawer is meant for the bigger tables (18"x24 and larger). The Add-a-Drawer will not work with the Junior Table.
Sew Steady Spinner Tray
The Sew Steady Spinner Tray is made to fit any Sew Steady extension table. Use the Sew Steady Spinner Tray to store scissors, feet, thread, and more below your extension table. The magnetic corner is perfect for keeping pins in place. The Sew Steady Spinner Tray measures 6in by 8in and is made from acrylic. *Notions not included.
Travel & Storage Bags
These convenient bags are ideal for storing and transporting your acrylic extension tables. They have padding on the inside as well as pockets (four on the smaller ones and six on the bigger bags) to store all your notions. The smaller bags have nylon carrying handles, while the large bags also feature a shoulder strap.
Please note that Sew Steady designs their tables first and foremost to be level at the needle plate, so there is a smooth transition from the table to the needle plate. That being said, some (i.e., Baby Lock, Pfaff, etc.) machines are not entirely level and have a slope or contours. Since the tables are made of a solid piece of acrylic, they are not "molded" around the entire sewing machine. To help elevate the transition as much as possible, Sew Steady brings the acrylic up and over to close any gaps or curves. They have found this the best solution for most machines. If they didn't do this and were to cut out the acrylic more, there would be an even larger transition that could hang up your fabric.