Home SPO TVMaintenance & Repair Sewing Machine Belt Sizing

Sewing Machine Belt Sizing

Many times people have a hard time locating the correct belt for their sewing machine, when it’s actually quite easy. Today I’m going to walk you through the steps to locating the correct size and style for your machine. There are 4 main types of belts for all makes and models of sewing machines and sergers:

1. Lug Belts
  2. V Belts
  3. Round Belts
  4. Geared Belts

V Belts

This type of belt is almost identical to the lug belt, except there are no ‘teeth’ on the inside of this belt.

Lug Belts

This type of belt is by far the most common belt used for sewing machines and can be mistaken for a geared belt because most of them have ‘teeth’ on them that resemble a geared belt. The difference between this type of belt and a geared belt, is these ‘teeth’ don’t fit inside indentations on the motor pulley.

Round Belts

We recommend this belt over a lug belt or V belt because it stretches, so if your measurement was off, it will still work. They grip better and provide better traction with less slipping.

Geared Belts

If your machine uses a geared belt, you have to use the exact belt made for your specific model. A geared belt has ‘teeth’ like the lug belt, but these ‘teeth’ fit inside grooves on the motor pulley. Contact us and we will help you find the correct belt for your sewing machine if it requires a geared belt.

Now that you know all of the different types of belts available, I’ll show you how to find out which one is right for your sewing machine (as long as it does not take a geared belt).

Use this guide of you have your old sewing machine belt:

1. Remove the old belt from your machine.
  2. Cut the belt in half.
  3. Pull the belt to make a straight line, and measure against a ruler or tape measure to see the length of the belt. Thanks the length that you need!

Use this guide of don’t have your old sewing machine belt:

1. If your machine’s motor is adjustable, center the bolt right in the middle.
  2. Take a shoe string and wrap it around the hand wheel, in the same spot that the belt would go.
  3. Tie the shoestring nice and snug around the pulley, exactly how your belt would go on your machine.

1. Cut the excess string off.
  2. Now cut the shoestring, so it’ll be 1 long string.
  3. Pull the string to make a straight line, and measure against a ruler or tape measure to see the length of the belt. Thanks the length that you need!

* Side note, if you have a treadle sewing machine, use a universal treadle belt which will fit every treadle ever made.

Paule Nagy October 1, 2014 - 5:29 am

I have a Pfaff 93 and am told it needs a new timing belt. Cannot find them anywhere which is what I was told with the diagnosis. All Pfaff parts begin with #93 which adds to the confusion. Can you help?

sewingpartsonline October 8, 2014 - 10:17 am

Give our customer service team a call at (888) 824-1192

Yvette Thomas September 26, 2014 - 12:33 pm

Hi ~ the sewing machine belt I need is a V-Belt 12″ is what I measured. Do you have these please.

Thanks,

Yvette

sewingpartsonline October 8, 2014 - 10:15 am

Give our customer service team a call at (888) 824-1192

Eli September 25, 2014 - 8:27 am

I have a Montgomery Ward sewing machine model 1984 which requires a motor belt no. 10615. Can you help me. Thanks

sewingpartsonline October 8, 2014 - 10:14 am

Give our customer service team a call at (888) 824-1192

Aundrea September 21, 2014 - 11:31 am

Hello, I have an older baby lock serger and need a new belt. I am unsure of the size and how to remove it. The instructions are not in the manual. Do you have an idea where I can find instructions and the belt I need. Model Babylock DBL34-60. Thanks

sewingpartsonline October 8, 2014 - 10:15 am

Give our customer service team a call at (888) 824-1192

Jayna Malone September 17, 2014 - 12:20 pm

Need a 15 in. Belt for brother portable model M 174877 with motor # 141870. Instruction book is dated 1956.

sewingpartsonline October 8, 2014 - 10:13 am

Give our customer service team a call at (888) 824-1192

Diane September 13, 2014 - 9:07 pm

I have a Viking model 3010. When I took it to my local repair shop, they told me that there are no parts made or available anymore. I need the geared motor belt. The measurement is about 8 3/4 inches. It was hard to measure as it was rather shredded. Thanks for any help you can give me!

Sarah September 14, 2014 - 4:13 pm

Hi Diane! I have a belt guaranteed to fit your machine as confirmed by Viking. Here is the link: https://www.sewingpartsonline.com/motor-belt-viking-4115998-01.aspx

Diane September 15, 2014 - 7:32 am

This doesn’t look right by the picture. It needs to be a geared belt. It is not a long belt.

Sarah September 15, 2014 - 2:10 pm

Hi Diane! I talked to our repair team and they are 99.9% sure this belt is the correct one: https://www.sewingpartsonline.com/cog-belt-short-9-1-2-viking-4111940-01.aspx
In the unlikely event it doesn’t work, you can always return it for a 100% refund.

Dharini September 9, 2014 - 11:28 pm

Hi Sara,
Thank you for your help. The two belt numbers that I am looking for are
•31014 x 5/16 B4NXGX
•36051 x 1/4 T17NX-G1
If there are any belts that fit these specifications. I would appreciate if you would send me the part numbers
These are for the Necchi Lydia 3 sewing machine. I think I will be able to use one belt that is available on
the website you have sent. I do not know which one will be suitable for the other one. If you have any idea, Please let me know.
Dharini

Sarah November 9, 2014 - 2:37 pm

Hello! The best thing to do is to give our customer service team a call at (888) 824-1192. They should be able to give you part numbers and information about the belts that you are looking for.

Dharini September 9, 2014 - 10:52 pm

Hi Sara, thank you for your help.

bobbie September 9, 2014 - 6:31 pm

have a riccar model #220 serial number RZ204B-284737 which needs a new belt. thank you

Sarah September 14, 2014 - 4:22 pm

Hi Bobbie! Can you tell me the belt length, please?

Theresa September 3, 2014 - 7:38 pm

Do you have a belt & a bobbin for a Ward Signature UHT J265A?
If so can you direct me where to find it?

Thanks!

Theresa September 3, 2014 - 7:40 pm

Oh and it takes a Lug belt

Theresa September 3, 2014 - 7:43 pm

And the belt has MB-340 on it….

Sarah September 5, 2014 - 5:35 am

Hi Theresa! There isn’t much information out there about that machine, however, I think I may have found a belt that works. This one (https://www.sewingpartsonline.com/13-3-8-sewing-lug-belt.aspx) has MB340 on it. Are you able to measure the distance between the motor and the hand wheel? Just to double check the length? Also, this bobbin should work (https://www.sewingpartsonline.com/bobbins-class-15-metal-10-pack.aspx). If any of these parts do not fit (again, there isn’t much available regarding parts for your machine) you can return them for a complete refund. If they do work, please let us know so we can update the parts as compatible for other shoppers. Please let me know if I can help you with anything else!

Champa Panchasara September 3, 2014 - 2:13 pm

I need a geared belt for a New Home Model 551. It is a double sided geared belt, approx 340mm long.

Sarah September 5, 2014 - 5:50 am

Hi Champa! We will have to contact the supplier to see if the belt is available. We will contact them today and get back to you as soon as we know. Thank you for your patience!

Dharini September 2, 2014 - 5:13 am

Hi, I am looking for the two belts for my necchi Lydia3 sewing machine. I don’t know the part number.
Any idea from where I can buy it?
Thanks
Dharini

Sarah September 5, 2014 - 5:59 am

Hi Dharini! Here are the belts = https://www.sewingpartsonline.com/motor-belt-necchi-314850-00.aspx and https://www.sewingpartsonline.com/motor-belt-necchi-314850-10.aspx – please let me know if I can help you find anything else!

Jillian Brownell September 1, 2014 - 4:25 pm

I need a V Belt for an Eldredge. I took a string and measured the total distance – it’s approximate 60″. I couldn’t find a model # anywhere. Edredge is written on the front of the machine and in the steel legs. I have a manual – not sure if it’s for this machine – there’s no model number on it – but the part for the belt is #114. I can send a picture if you’d like.

Sarah September 5, 2014 - 6:03 am

Hi Jillian! I believe the Eldredge is a treadle machine – this is a universal treadle belt you can use with your machine – https://www.sewingpartsonline.com/alphasew-leather-treadle-belt.aspx
There are instructions on how to install the treadle belt on the link above. Please let me know if I can help you find anything else!

Javier Aguirre August 19, 2014 - 9:53 pm

Need help finding a belt compatible with my wife’s Montgomery Ward UHT J 1947.
Serial No. 39823606.

Sarah August 22, 2014 - 9:51 am

Hi Javier! Are you able to measure the length of the belt?

sergio o. August 6, 2014 - 11:56 am

Hello, i have a yamata yf811 and got it with no belts on. Seems to be two of them. Is it posible to find them at your store?

Sarah August 7, 2014 - 11:17 am

Hi Sergio! Can you measure the length needed for the belt?

Ramona July 24, 2014 - 5:12 pm

I have a Kenmore Model 1503 from the 1960’s. It’s a super machine but I sure wish I could find a V-belt for it. I do not like the round stretchy belts. The machine does not work as well. Does anyone know where I can get a traditional V-belt for this machine?

Sarah July 28, 2014 - 11:24 am

Hi Ramona! Do you know the belt length?

Terry May 29, 2014 - 9:53 am

I have a Viking 6000 series and I need a geared motor belt and a hand wheel. I don’t know the size if the belt or where I can get the hand wheel.

Sarah May 29, 2014 - 11:38 am

Hi Terry! Do you know the actual model number of your Viking? Is it a 6020? 6030? 6040?

Bertha Magana May 18, 2014 - 11:59 am

First of all I was able to fix my needle clap.
I wanted know if there is a serves manual for sewing machine LB6800 or is it the same as the one I have for XL500 ? If so can help find the right one for LB600

Sarah May 19, 2014 - 11:47 am

Hi Bertha! This service manual is exactly the same as the LB6800 service manual https://www.sewingpartsonline.com/service-manual-brother-lb6770.aspx

Gloria Constante May 7, 2014 - 6:08 pm

My aunt has a sears kenmore model #158.504 and she needs a new belt what size is it

Sarah May 13, 2014 - 9:38 am

Hi Gloria! This one works with your Aunt’s machine: https://www.sewingpartsonline.com/motor-belt-kenmore-dp6912.aspx

Mary May 3, 2014 - 1:11 pm

I have an old wilcox and gibbs sewing machine model number L21202. The belt is not described above. It is 1/2 inch wide with holes in it about every 1/4 inch. It rides on a spiked (studded) gear. Any suggestions

Ruth April 3, 2014 - 9:01 am

I have a Montgomery Ward Model UHTJ 1957 I am needing two belts – both are lug belts. Motor Belt #10615 Hand Wheel Belt #10306. Any idea where I can get these or replacements?

Sarah April 4, 2014 - 12:43 pm

The real trick with belts is getting the right length. Have you had a chance to measure the belts? If you can give me the measurement, I can get you the right belt.

Maria March 15, 2014 - 6:29 pm

Hi, my mom has a Husqvarna that is 75 years old and in perfect conditions, except for the belt, which is missing. Husqvarna, sig-zag class 14. Anybody has any idea where to find it?

Sarah March 17, 2014 - 12:25 pm

Hi Maria! To find the correct belt for that machine, you’ll have to measure the distance and let us know the length. There are instructions above on how to do it. Once we have the measurement, we can get you the right belt!

Bill pretto February 25, 2014 - 4:37 pm

I have an old Sears Kenmore sewing machine. It has 2 V belts. The Model Number is.
156-823. One belt is smaller in length app. 4 inch diameter . It goes from the motor to a tension pulley. The other belt goes from the tension pulley to the clutch. It is app. 6 inches diameter. The motor adjusts the tension for both belts. I hope you can help I put a round rubber belt on the clutch to tension pulley. It is working but the smaller belt is worn out and the rubber belt is to long to use.

Sarah February 26, 2014 - 10:46 am

Hi Bill! I can calculate the circumference from the diameter, but because the belt is likely not a perfect circle, it would be more accurate if you could cut the belt, lay it flat, and then measure. If you can’t cut it, can you fold in half, lay it down, and measure that length?

Jac February 13, 2014 - 5:07 pm

I have a vintage Favta machine which needs a drive belt. It is 40 cms long x1cm wide with a pitch of 7mm. Can you help me find one please?
Thanks Jac

Sarah February 14, 2014 - 3:47 pm

Hi Jac – we are calling our suppliers to see if we can find the correct belt for our machine. I will let you know as soon as we know anything. Thank you!

Don Ford June 13, 2014 - 10:10 am

I wonder if an older treadle belt could be cut to the right measurement and attached to fit this Favta machine. Worth a try I’d say. 40 years in the sewing repair business, so I try different ways to fix machines that seem like lost causes. Cheers, Don

Sarah February 14, 2014 - 4:11 pm

Hi Jac – Unfortunately, the smallest the supplier has is 21 inches (53.3cm). Normally, we would recommend a stretch belt, but they do not have pitch.

Jac Evans February 15, 2014 - 3:43 am

Thank you Sarah. The machine had a rubber belt with it but sadly in this case it didn’t work. Seems that my bargain machine is not such a gift after all!

Pat January 24, 2014 - 3:47 pm

I have a Kenmore sewing Machine Model 1650. I need a motor rubber belt for it. Which one do I need to order?

Pat

Sarah January 30, 2014 - 4:20 pm

Hi Pat! We need the whole model number of your sewing machine. It should start with a 148 or 158 or 385.

Bertha Magana January 19, 2014 - 10:44 pm

Thanks a lot. I look for it.

Sarah January 20, 2014 - 5:04 pm

I’ll send you the link as soon as its posted!

Bertha Magana January 19, 2014 - 11:18 am

Hi Sarah
I was able to put the needle clamp back on by look up online but I am still have trouble keep it on even though I move the tension to zero to install it and tide the black little screw to it. The other problem I am having is also how do put back tension pin back to the needle clamp and make sure it stays on can please help me.

Sarah January 19, 2014 - 8:20 pm

Hi Bertha! I’m so sorry you are having trouble. The good news is, this happens all the time and it confuses everyone LOL. It’s kind of difficult to explain, so we are going to make a quick video tomorrow or Tuesday showing how to fix it. That way, you can fix it in no time.

Bertha Magana January 17, 2014 - 7:04 pm

Hi Sarah
I have a problem I was sewing when the needle shanks fell off my sewing machine and I really do not how to put it back on my machine I look up how and only thing I found is that it has howl screwdriver and I do not understand where or how to put it back on. I want to make sure this not happen again. Can you help me please. I am lost.

PS Here a picture of my sewing machine.

m.stein December 30, 2013 - 9:58 am

Hello. I recently got my grandmothers kenmore 148.12220 sewing machine and my son broke the presser foot and needle to it. I have no idea where to even go for replacement parts or what id be looking for. Any help plz 🙂

Sarah January 7, 2014 - 8:49 am

Hi! No worries – I’ll see what we can find. I’m looking up your machine manual now and will get the right parts for you.

Sarah January 7, 2014 - 9:00 am

Found it! This is the presser foot for your machine:https://www.sewingpartsonline.com/zig-zag-foot-standard-low-shank.aspx
And here is a pack of needles to get you started. Select the size 90/14 on the drop down menu for the most common size. https://www.sewingpartsonline.com/universal-needles-schmetz-5-pack.aspx
We also have the manual for your Kenmore machine if you need it as well. Can I help you find anything else?

Bertha Magana December 28, 2013 - 10:54 am

No I bought them because I got the sewing machine as gift it was used and my friend miss place the items that came with them. I did some recherche on what kind of feet my sewing can us before I bought them. They fit perfectly on the machine.

Bertha Magana December 27, 2013 - 11:04 am

God Morning,

Here the list of the feet I bought for my sewing machine Brother XL 5500. Thanks again for all your help I am so glad I found you. You relay made much easier on how a sewing machine espcial when you are now to this. Thanks again for all your help.

Domestic Sewing Machine Feet Foot Presser Bobbin stitches knife For Brother New Home Singer Janome Household Tools 28 Kinds

Description:

Presser feet for household sewing machine with good quality, economic, practical, variety.

Suitable for domestic sewing machines with a low foot shank:Brother, Singer New Style,Janome,Toyota,New Home….

1 X Sewing stitches knife(Color randon)

3 X Clear plastic bobbine

2 X Plastic storage box (1 x 10 lattices, 1 x 15 lattices)

1 X Snap on blind hem foot

1 X 1/4″ Piecing feet guide

1 X 1/4″ Hemmer feet

1 X Edge stitching feet

1 X Clip on zipper feet

1 X Piping foot – Horizontal rotary hooks

Sarah December 27, 2013 - 12:30 pm

Did all of these feet come with your machine?

Sarah December 27, 2013 - 12:33 pm

That’s a lot of feet! LOL no worries, I’ll see what I can find!

Bertha Magana December 23, 2013 - 12:24 pm

Hi,
I wanted to know if there is a way to know how to use the different presser feet on your sewing machine with out braking the needle. How can I find the width and the length for every presser feet? Is there a chart or list that will shows you. Because remembering every time I want use them is a pain. My sewing machine is a brother XL 5500

Sarah December 26, 2013 - 9:55 am

Hi Bertha! There isn’t really a chart, because different suppliers make the feet differently. However, if you can give me a list of your presser feet (or the letter engraved on each) I can look them up for you. I’m paranoid about my needle breaking, so before I start sewing, I always turn the hand wheel slowly and watch to see the width of my needle setting. If I see it will hit the presser foot, I reduce my stitch width.

Tinkerbells December 7, 2013 - 12:45 pm

Hi 🙂 Has anyone ever found a replacement geared timing belt for a 1950’s Cresta (aka Lada) model 132?!They’re such lovely machines, if only belts were available… The tooth pitch is around 7.3mm which is really weird :/

Sarah December 9, 2013 - 12:47 pm

Hi! Would you mind sending us a picture of the belt and the machine? That way we can get the right part of you.

David shields December 19, 2013 - 3:17 pm

Tinkerbells hi, I also in the last 2 weeks have had a belt snap on a 1959 HALVENA T132.1 (LADA) (CRESTA). I bet you have not been able to find a belt for it. You are right that the pitch is 7.3mm which is very strange, that would point to an imperial size which is 10/32 HOWEVER, no companys make belts with this pitch. I can have any belt made, just not with this pitch! so what to do? well I’ve ordered new small pulleys with a STANDARD pitch. So it will be like a kit. You would get your new belt, but you would also get 2 new pulleys with it. This would require a bit more knowledge and a few more tools but would fix your beloved machine. Not the needle pulley under the hand wheel but the white or should be white other drive wheel is fixed and moulded to its respective drive gear, This part would need to be posted to me so I can bond the new pitch wheel to it. That would be returned with the rest of the kit, (belt and needle pulley). Its going to take a week for the parts to come and then for me to drill them to the shaft sizes and have a fitting and test set timing. If it works just fine then I don’t mind supplying you a kit. E-mail me for pictures of parts and machine. david.shields6068@hotmail.co.uk

Tinkerbells December 22, 2013 - 4:00 pm

Hi! Looks like we’re one step ahead of each other… I already drew the same conclusion and sourced T5 pulleys easily, and found someone to drill and screw them (my dad), but I’ve no idea how to identify the lower helical gear without going crying to Brammer (who want to do it a really stupid way and charge a fortune).
Would you be able to just supply the helical gear while you’re ordering them anyway?! I have two more T132’s to do so I guess I may as well get three, I’ll email you in a sec but it’ll go straight to your spam folder…
I’ve enquired with Chinese manufacturers about having a supply of belts made but even they won’t do it, how can a simple belt be impossible to recreate in this day and age?!?!
I have had other T132’s with a stapled cloth type timing belt, like you’d find in an Elna, would I be right in thinking the older models had a cloth belt while later models had plastic, and that the plastic ones must have been made to match the existing pulleys? If so then why can’t I find anyone who makes cloth belts anymore, surely they could be made to match?!

Bertha Magana November 28, 2013 - 9:23 am

I just wanted tell thanks I found your email and thanks again for all you help. Your videos are just wonderful as well as this website.
PS. Happy Holidays

Bertha Magana November 27, 2013 - 9:15 pm

Can please send it again. I opened my email it was not attached to the email.
My email address is berthamagana@gmail.com
Thanks again for your help 🙂

Bertha Magana November 27, 2013 - 8:07 pm

Thanks a lot

Bertha Magana November 26, 2013 - 9:33 am

Yes I would like to know what kind of belt it use and how to replace it. That great you have repair manual, how do I get one because it help a lot.

Sarah November 27, 2013 - 2:11 pm

Hi Bertha! I just sent the repair manual to your email. Free of charge. Good luck! And please email me if you have any questions!

Bertha Magana November 21, 2013 - 9:12 pm

The belt is located where the balance wheel is located. The balance wheel dose not any kind of screw to help to take off the balance wheel to get to the belt on my sewing machine

PS. I send a picture of my sewing machine

Sarah November 25, 2013 - 3:00 pm

Hi Bertha! I’m so sorry, I looked up the wrong machine model number. My apologies! For your machine, you would have to take the whole shell apart to get to the wheel. We have a repair manual that demonstrates how to do that. May I ask why you want to get to the belt? Are you trying to replace the belt?

Bertha Magana November 19, 2013 - 9:19 am

How do I do the is on a brother XL 5500? I can’t take the balance wheel to get the belt. How do I go about getting off if it also dose not any score on the wheel?

Sarah November 21, 2013 - 1:39 pm

Hi Bertha! You want to unscrew the big bolt under the wheel.

Jayne November 18, 2013 - 6:31 pm

Hello Sarah, I have a Bicor VX1005 sewing machine. I need to replace the belt Batena Krakow 150XL019. Can you find a match for that? Thanks Jayne

Sarah November 21, 2013 - 1:55 pm

I Jayne! You have a specialty belt. This one should work: https://www.sewingpartsonline.com/motor-belt-singer-560-sers-sewing-machine.aspx
Let us know if this belt works. We’re pretty positive it will. If it doesn’t, you can of course send it back for a refund.

Umidi July 2, 2014 - 10:29 am

Hi, I have the same machine (Bicor VX1005) and the writing on the belt is somewhat faded, but it looks like 159 XL 018. The belt has teeth, I’m not sure if the it is lug or geared. I don’t have the machine with me. The length is 14 3/4″. Could you help me find the right replacement belt?

Sarah July 2, 2014 - 11:44 am

Hi Umidi! I will definitely look in to it for you. I’ll see if we can get a hold of the manufacturer and verify the belt number.

Sarah July 2, 2014 - 12:00 pm

Hi Umidi! We were able to contact Brother regarding your machine. Unfortunately, they do not have a readable schematic available to verify if your machine belt is geared or lugged. Either way, the belt is no longer made. If you have a lug belt, we can replace it with another lug belt of the same size. If you have a geared belt, there is no way to get a replacement. Is there anyway you can get a picture of the machine’s belt? That way we can verify if it is lug or geared.

jan November 17, 2013 - 6:29 pm

I have a Husqvarna, Viking 6010 sewing machine. The large belt is broken. It is 20″ long and a v belt. I want to replace the smaller belt as well. It is a geared belt. Not sure but think it is 10″ long. Can you tell me what I need to replace them and where to get the belts.
thanks, jan

Sarah November 18, 2013 - 4:38 pm

Hi Jan! Here are the belt for your machine: V belts and lug belts are interchangeable, so here is the 20″:https://www.sewingpartsonline.com/lug-belt-viking-5610-sewing-machine.aspx
and her is the geared belt: https://www.sewingpartsonline.com/cog-belt-short-9-1-2-viking-4111940-01.aspx
You don’t need anything else. Just simply switch out the old belts for the new ones. Please let me know if I can help you find anything else!

Carolyn November 14, 2013 - 9:31 pm

I am looking for a belt for a Revere model KNS sewing machine. I bought it new in he mid-60s and I thought that it was beginning to operate poorly. Then I found that its belt was stretched and partially cut. It’s a round belt approx. 14 inches long. It was made in Japan before everything else was. Am wondering whether the stretch belt will work.

Sarah November 18, 2013 - 4:41 pm

Hi Carolyn! Here is the belt you want to use: https://www.sewingpartsonline.com/13-rubber-stretch-belt-standard-sewing-round.aspx
Please let me know if I can help you find anything else!

Jim November 13, 2013 - 10:48 pm

Hi Sarah, I have an older model Kenmore zig-zag machine Mod#158-921 that I need a belt for. I can’t find the machine on your site, can you help me find the proper belt?
Thanks
Jim

Sarah November 14, 2013 - 1:03 pm

Hi Jim! This is the belt for your machine: https://www.sewingpartsonline.com/belt-lug-19-3-4-inch-brother-vx-520-sewing-machine.aspx
Please let me know if I can help you find anything else!

Nichole October 30, 2013 - 9:43 pm

I am hunting for a belt for my mother in law’s sewing machine. She says it’s a Nelco model 6501 serial # 35100079st. The belt is 12 inches long and looks like a lug belt or gear belt, except it has teeth on both sides. It’s orange and controls the needle from the turning knob.

Sarah November 1, 2013 - 5:46 am

Hi Nicole! I’m pretty positive we have the belt for you, but can I have your machine make and model to double check, please?

Lee October 17, 2013 - 11:47 pm

Looking for a Round Drive Belt and an Owner’s Manual for the vintage sewing machine below:

R.H. Macy & Co. In New York
Deluxe Precision Built
Precision Sewing Machine Distributors
Made In Japan
S/N H246180

I would appreciate any insight you have about this great looking old sewing machine which I think will run smoothly with the right size belt. If you find the belt I would like to know the length and diameter as I’ve broken a couple already and don’t know which size is correct. Hopefully, you sell one that will fit or know where I could buy one.

Regards,

Lee

Sarah October 23, 2013 - 12:23 pm

Hi Lee! I did some research on your machine, but unfortunately there isn’t that much out there. However, if you can send us a picture, we can find the right belt. Would you mind sending me a picture of your machine to sarah@sewingpartsonline.com?

Cheryl McCampbell October 17, 2013 - 9:04 pm

I need a replacement belt for my sewing machine.
It is a Mini Brute walking foot, retrofitted with a Sailrite Monster Wheel. I use it for sail and canvas work (ie light industrial type sewing).

The belt on it measures 20.75″ x 3/8″

It is black with cogs on it measuring 3/16″ apart peak to peak.

The markings on the belt say “Made in USA 134MC SDP A GR 3MIO2095” (as best I
can tell)

The guys from Sailrite told me this when I emailed them: “What you need is a 1/5th pitch XL timing belt ”

Unfortunately my machine is overseas and I am at home in the US for a month, so I can’t give you any more details, and I forgot to bring the belt with me.

Do you have belt that might work?

Thanks

Sarah October 23, 2013 - 12:13 pm

Hi Cheryl! I’m going to talk to our repair department and see if they have know which belt would work best. We will probably have to call the maker and see what they have available or what can be used in place of the original. Thank you for your patience!

Sarah October 28, 2013 - 1:45 pm

Hi Cheryl! I just want you to know we didn’t forget about you! We’ve been researching your belt and so far it has taken us to a supplier. We will be contacting them to get more information. I’m sorry this is taking so long. Sometime these belts take a bit of detective work to track down. Thank you again for your patience!

Mary Lewis October 16, 2013 - 7:57 am

I need to find a belt for a Singer style-o-matic 328. I bought a round belt, but think it must be wrong. Can you help?

Sarah October 17, 2013 - 2:27 pm

Hi Ms. Mary! Here is the belt for your machine: https://www.sewingpartsonline.com/motor-belt-singer-193077.aspx

JEAN October 11, 2013 - 3:15 pm

HI SARAH. MY VIKING 60-10 MACHINE BROKE ITS BELT RECENTLY.. THIS GUY IS 225mm x 3mm x 2mm and is the lug type. Any help you can give finding this belt will be appreciated. Thanks.

Sarah October 15, 2013 - 8:17 am

Hi Jean! I’m sorry to hear your belt broke! I will search for a replacement immediately. Thank you!

Sarah October 15, 2013 - 9:21 am